Effective Date – 07/08/2021
Effective Date – TBD
Our Sites also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data you provide – We and our service providers collect information that you provide when you use our Sites, including when you apply for a job, participate in our message boards or forums, sign up to receive our electronic newsletters, participate in polls and surveys, register for our events (including webcast events), enter our competitions, order products from us through any online portal or otherwise contact us with a question, comment or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to, (a) registration information, such as your name, contact information, username, password if applicable; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make orders through an online portal; (c) information you provide when submitting an employment application form; (d) other information you provide to us including the content of messages you send to us when you submit feedback, make personal data inquiries, request products or services, contact us for customer support or account information changes, or complete surveys; and (e) photographs or security camera images of you if you enter a Spirit facility or attend a Spirit event
Our Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us using the contact details listed in the ‘How to contact us section’.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use the data we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you our Sites and offline interactions.
- providing you with products as appropriate to manage your requests and orders;
- providing you with information about our Sites or required notices;
- delivering information that may be of interest to you;
- customizing your experience when using our Sites, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on our Sites;
- allowing us to improve our Sites and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of our Sites;
We may also combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through our Sites or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
Legal basis for the use of your personal data
We will only use your information where we have lawful bases for doing so. Lawful bases include, among others, each one of the following:
- Consent (where you have given consent)
- Contract (where using your information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you)
- Legal obligation (where using your information is necessary for compliance with laws that apply to us)
- Vital interests (where using your information is necessary to provide urgent safety notices or product recalls)
- Legitimate interests (where we have legitimate interests and they do not outweigh your privacy rights)
Where we rely on your consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please see the ‘Your rights over your personal data’ section for further details on how you can do this.
Under what circumstances do we share your personal data?
We may share the data we collect from you as follows:
- Internally with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- With service providers and business partners who work on our behalf and who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers who provide order and payment processing services; process employment applications on our behalf; deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, provide IT services;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- with affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
We do not sell your personal information.
Where is your personal data processed?
Your information is processed in the United States or any other country in which Spirit or its affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. The data protection in these countries might be different from and could be less stringent than those in your country of residence.
How is your personal data secured?
Spirit has internal policies and controls in place to prevent your personal data from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or unintentionally disclosed, and accessed except by its employees or external parties hired by Spirit as needed to perform their duties. Spirit employees are requested to comply with data protection laws and familiarize themselves with IT policies around security and acceptable use of IT systems, equipment, etc.
We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
How long is your personal data retained?
The period for which your information is held is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our legal obligations. We do not generally retain information in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary, though in some cases we may choose to retain certain information in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
Your rights over your personal data
You have certain rights regarding your information, subject to local laws. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please advise Spirit by sending us an email at: CorporatePrivacy@spiritaero.com. Following receipt of your request, a representative of Spirit will follow-up with you in a timely manner.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or suggestions about this privacy statement or about how we use your information, please contact our privacy team at CorporatePrivacy@spiritaero.com.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we use your information. Our privacy team will respond to your complaint within thirty (30) days.
Changes to this Privacy Statement